|JOB SUMMARY |
The Network Specialist installs the Hardware (network and workstations) and maintains the Network Security and help desk system. Supports the Network Administrator in implementing the IT Hardware / Network Policy. Supports in trouble shooting various software and hardware issues.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Carries out all activities necessary for the proper operation of the hardware/ network and its associated software.
- Maintains helpdesk system by timely logging of all kinds of user raised calls/issues.
- Liaisonswith external support engineers to ensure resolution of reported problems and receipt of version updates and new/additional network hardware.
- Provides technical assistance to user departments with network systems and application packages.
- Assists the Network Administrator to perform the maintenance schedule for the System
- Provides maintenance, wiring and repairs of workstations, peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.) and communication equipment.
- Provides user training on the use of the network
- Maintains hardware / network activity logs.
- Provides first level support to the computer users; solves day to day computers, printers and user problems with minimum down time
- Installs programs/ software, formats & reinstalls software and rectifies problems with minimum disruption of service.
- Performs new system installation, transferring the System and adding computers to the Domain.
- Conducts Network cable termination and installation, replacement of parts in the system and reformatting the operating system.
- Maintains and assures the confidentiality of data
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education : || |
Bachelor's Degree/ Technical Diploma in computing or related field.
Specialization/ certification in Network Technologies like Cisco and Microsoft Certification (CCNA, MCSE, etc.) is desirable.
|Experience : ||2-3 years' experience in front-line support functions for PCs and LAN (Network). Experience in Network Administration is desirable. |
|Other Skills |
|Technical Skills : ||PC /Printer Maintenance, Computer Peripheral installation and Configuration. Demonstrate knowledge of Wireless Networking, Network Protocol TCP/IP, VLAN configuration & rules |
|Administrative Skills : ||Good Analytical, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus and Coordination skills; Ability to work under pressure and Attention to detail|
|Soft Skills : ||Good communication and inter-personal skills. |
|Language Skills: ||Good in Written and spoken English |
| || |
| WORKING CONDITIONS |
- Normally works in an air conditioned office, in neat and pleasant surroundings.
- May require to work late hours and on an irregular schedule
- Requires regular moment throughout the facility to assist & ensure smooth functioning of the system; bends, stoops and reaches to.