|JOB SUMMARY |
The OR billing coordinator is responsible for the administrative matters in the OR department which includes managing / overseeing the scheduling of surgeries, improving the utilization of the OR, accurate data entry on the provided OR services, coordinate for insurance approvals, and ensure that, proper billing is done for each patients to ensure no revenue loss and there is an improvement in the utilization of the OR by internal and external doctors. Responsible for Coding standardization and Phlebotomy training standardization in the hospital
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES ( OR, MRD & Clinical - Hands On Training )|
- Operating Room ( weightage 75% )
- Supervises, coordinates and improves the OR booking process at NMH
- Builds a good rapport with Anesthetists, Surgeons, Nurses and other professionals to ensure that improvements are accepted and implemented.
- Plan and works towards improving the OR utilization by 10% during the year
- Monitors OR, procedures / activities and verifies/ reconciles respective billing information in the system.
- Ensures that, all the consumables and implants used in the OR procedures are charged accurately on time.
- Ensures that, all insurance approvals are coordinated and obtained for the elective and emergency admissions.
- Ensures that, all the OR Billing is verified and audited along with the medical records prior to the patient discharge.
- Ensures that, insurance related billing and documents are sent to the Insurance billing team on a daily basis.
- Verifies billing information by reviewing patient medical records; checks for completeness.
- Conducts hospital billing audits to ensure compliance to established policies and procedures.
- Resolves disputed claims by gathering, verifying, and providing additional information; follows-up on claims.
- Resolves discrepancies in billing tasks by examining and evaluating data; implements corrective steps under the guidance of finance department and inpatient customer service department.
- Ensures preparation of monthly reports as directed.
- Maintains work operations and quality results by following standards, policies & procedures and reporting compliance issues.
- Ensure confidentiality on the patient information and financials.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities with regards to medical coding and billing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Medical Records Department (weightage 15%)
- Plans and coordinates with Manager Operations in implementation of the ICD 10 and CPT coding within the hospital in all areas
- Works towards implementing the ICD 10 and CPT coding initially at the OR and subsequently for the other areas in the hospital
- Clinical - Hands On Training ( weightage 10% )
- Plans and coordinates with the Nursing and Laboratory departments in the training of staff on phlebotomy
- Works towards ensuring that we improve the hands on tranining on phlebotomy is standardized in the organization for Nursing and Laboratory staff.
|Education :||Bachelor of Nursing and preferred if plus master of Hospital Management|
|Experience : || 7 years’ experience |
| WORKING CONDITIONS |
- Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility
- May involve long periods of sitting; telephone and in front of a computer screen; intermittently twist to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone and computer keyboard on a daily basis.