|JOB SUMMARY |
The Team Leader -Porter ensures that a high quality and efficient concierge service is provided 24 hours a day 365 days per year to all customers. Trains subordinates, conducts inspections and coordinates requests for cleaning services.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Ensures that the concierge service is adequately staffed to provide a 24 hour, 365 days per year service.
- Liaises with all the departments to ensure delivery of efficient porter service.
- Prepares work schedules to provide adequate coverage for all areas of the Hospital in order to meet the needs efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Assigns task and supervises the work activities of subordinates
- Understands and monitors the implementation of Hospital’s infection control principles and guidelines by subordinate staff when dealing with hazardous materials and/or patient elements.
- Checks each assignment area daily to ensure that the work quality, speed, obedience and efficiency meet the established standards.
- Ensures that all statistics and information from the daily traffic sheet is produced and sent on time or within agreed timescales.
- Documents information on unusual incidents and controls access to confidential information.
- Ensures that all equipment (wheel chairs & trolleys) are cleaned according to the schedule and are in good condition.
- Applies and monitors application of safety & sanitation principles and infection control guidelines
- Ensures that staff are neat and tidy and correctly uniformed
- Trains and orients all new porters in the general working principles for the Hospital.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Nursing staff
- Other NMH Staff
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Contractor Staff
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education : ||High School|
|Experience :||3 years’ experience in similar position, preferably in healthcare organization |