|JOB SUMMARY |
The Dental Hygienist primarily examines patients’ teeth and gums; removes calculus, stains, and plaque from teeth, teaches proper brushing techniques and provides preventive dental care techniques after careful examination and diagnosis.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
|1. Receives patients in Hygiene Room (clinic). Examines patient’s oral cavity, periodontal tissues and particularly the gums using probe to identify gum diseases. |
2. Screens patients and maintains appropriate dental charts.
3. Performs procedures such as oral prophylaxis, teeth whitening (Bleaching) and explains after care procedures to patients.
4. Removes left over cements and composite of orthodontic patients after debonding using high-speed dental handpieces.
5. Takes Peri-Apical, Panoramic, Cepahlometric and bite-wing X-rays depending on the dentist’s request.
6. Takes Alginate Impression and/or other impression materials available for the patient.
7. Escorts the patients to the reception hall for next appointment and payments.
8. Manages and operates equipment safely and carefully while complying with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety, and infection control.
9. Requests and orders supplies as necessary and sorts the monthly supplies of dental materials needed in the clinic.
10. Maintains required records, reports and statistics as per policy.
11. Liaises with other departments, physicians and administration as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care activities.
12. Implements Ministry of Health rules and regulations, Accreditation Canada, Joint Commission International standards related to the dental laboratory as directed.
13. Attends departmental committee meetings as required.
14. Performs all other additional assignments as requested by the Clinical Director- Dental.
| KEY CONTACTS |
|INTERNAL: || |
- Visiting Doctors & Physicians
- NMH Doctors & Physicians
- Other NMH Employees
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Patients Relatives & Friends
- Medical Representatives
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education : ||Two- Year Dental Hygiene course post High School|
Basic Life Support Certification is desirable
Licensing: Valid License from Ministry of Health- Kuwait to practice as a Dental Hygienist.
|Experience :||Preferably 5 years’ experience in a similar role |
|OTHER SKILLS: ||Administrative Skills: Analytical and Decision Making skills; Attention to Details and Self Discipline|
Soft Skills: Good Communication and Inter-Personal skills.
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet and Hospital MIS
Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is preferred.
| PHYSICAL & WORKING CONDITIONS|
Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable dental clinic with laboratory instruments Occasionally involves prolonged standing, bending and lifting supplies/equipments.