|JOB SUMMARY |
The Consultant- Plastic Surgery administers and supervises patient care activities in accordance with Ministry of Health regulations, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations and Cosmetic Center Policies and Guidelines. Performs surgery and related procedures on patients on oral and maxillofacial regions. Has good surgical, technical & operative judgment to achieve resolution.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Performs wide range of procedures encompassing both Cosmetic and Reconstructive surgery; Facial surgery, Body surgery, Minor & Non-Invasive procedures.
- Perform cosmetic procedures, such as chin and cheekbone enhancements & Perform surgery on the mouth and jaws to treat conditions such as cleft lip and palate and jaw growth problems.
- Examine and diagnose patients to identify an abnormality and determine suitable course of treatment.
- Educate patients on the risks associated with a procedure as well as proffer recommendations on post-operative requirements
- Utilizes the latest technology, advanced techniques, specialized training and skills to give patients the best possible results from their procedures seeking personal satisfaction.
- Restores form and function by moving skin, bone, nerves, and other tissues from other parts of the body to reconstruct the jaws and face.
- Performs reconstructive surgeries to restore normal appearance to patients with congenital or circumstantial deformity.
- Provides consultations to patients on surgery as well as give them post-operative recommendations to ensure proper healing.
- Perform microsurgery to transfer tissues to reconstruction sites (head/hand) where they are missing & Treat infections of the oral cavity, salivary glands, jaws, and neck.
- Perform invasive surgeries to correct physical deformities.
- Conduct procedures for the sterilization of surgical equipment.
- Administer non-surgical treatment to enhance outward beauty
- Undertakes work in accordance with the Hospital’s procedures and operating policies; works within agreed quality frameworks.
- Participates in organizational performance improvement activities.
- Performs Cosmetic Surgery & Reconstructive Surgery Procedures as per his/ her Clinical Privileges.
- Patient Care
- Meet with a patient to learn complaints, symptoms, needs and desires, and medical history.
- Examine, assess and diagnose patient deformities caused by accident, disease or congenital abnormalities.
- Diagnose the problem, suggest a medical procedure to correct it, and explain the benefits and risks.
- Performs surgery to enhance physical appearance; order diagnostic tests and prescribe medications and treatment
- Meet with the patient following the surgery and make post-operative recommendations.
- Undertakes all work in accordance with the procedures and operating policies, including Infection Control, Health and Safety, Risk Management etc.
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education : ||Bachelors’ Degree in Medicine, preferably with 3 year residency in plastic surgery. Fellow/ Member (preferably of the Royal College), PhD or MD Degree in relevant specialty. |
- Basic Life Support Certification is desirable
|Licensing : ||Valid License from Ministry Of Health- Kuwait to practice as Plastic Surgery Specialist |
|Experience : ||Preferably 8 years’ experience with minimum 3 years’ experience post Fellowship/Membership/ PhD or MD in Plastic Surgery. |