|JOB SUMMARY |
The Staff Nurse provides professional nursing care for patients according to established Nursing standards.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Implements and maintains established departmental policies & procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Inspects area daily for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and standards and takes corrective action when violations occur.
- Renders Patient Centered Care based on individual patient needs, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Monitors medical condition of patients’ comfort and privacy, and expresses interest in their progress.
- Ensures precision in maintenance of patient medical records; retains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Administers and controls narcotics and medications as ordered
- Ensures an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of equipment.
- Orient, instructs and trains assigned personnel (new staff nurses, patient care clerks).
- Assists physicians with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Supports in formulating and screening Quality Assurance criteria and providing in-service training for staff.
- Supports attending physicians and aids patients & families as needed in times of stress or crisis.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental objectives and infection control policies
- Maintains a welcoming, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with Hospital standards
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Visiting Doctors & NMH Physicians
- Medical Services Staff (Lab., Pharmacy, Radiology etc.)
- Support Service Staff (Reception, Dietary, HK etc.)
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Patients and their Relatives & Friends
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education :||Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Nursing. Current CPR/BLS certification.|
Licensing:Valid License from Ministry of Health to work as a Registered Nurse.
|Experience :||2 years’ experience in clinical practice. |
|OTHER SKILLS: |
Technical Skills: Knowledge and proficiency in fundamental nursing procedures such as taking vital signs, medication administration, I.V. therapy, ECG process , blood sugar monitoring, naso-gastric tube insertion, documentation, proper wound management etc. Acquainted with sterilization technique, safety measures, good hygiene, environmental sanitation, and infection control standards.
Administrative Skills: Ability to Multi Task, Assess, Organize, Prioritize responsibilities and Work under pressure with minimal supervision; take Initiative; Self-Motivated, Flexible and Adaptable.
Soft Skills:Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills.
Computer Skills:MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet and Hospital MIS.
Language Skills:Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage.
| PHYSICAL & WORKING CONDITIONS|
Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility, while also exposed to infections and close contact with the patients. Handles emergency and/or crisis situations. May experience unpleasant/ unpredictable elements (accidents, injuries and illness). Occasionally subjected to long and irregular hours due to departmental requirements.Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking and moving. Positions, pushes and/or transfers patients; considerable reaching, stooping, bending and kneeling. May experience work related pressure and be available to deal with departmental exigencies.