|JOB SUMMARY |
The HVAC Technician - P&F is responsible for maintenance, repair and installation of all refrigeration, cooling and air conditioning systems & equipment of the Hospital.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Maintains established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance and safety.
- Repairs, maintains and installs equipment & systems needed.
- Troubleshoots diagnoses and repairs/reprograms electric, pneumatic controls and routine PPM of HVAC equipment.
- Monitors and inspects work to ensure compliance with codes and regulations.
- Coordinates preventive maintenance with emergency and repair work activities.
- Inspects and operates refrigeration machinery, cooler and freezer units. Regulates refrigerant and suction valves to increase/ decrease amount of refrigerant in order to maintain desired degree of compression.
- Maintains and repairs systems, tests efficiency of system and makes adjustments as needed to thermostatic controls and blowers.
- Installs refrigeration machinery, air conditioning equipment, water coolers and small refrigerators.
- Maintains all required records and information pertinent to costing out work assignments.
- Keeps work areas orderly, clean and safe. Ensures proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Participates in educational programs and in service meetings.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Heads of Departments
- Other NMH Employees
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Vendors/ Maintenance Contractors
- Government Representatives.
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education :||Technical Diploma Course in HVAC. Certification from ASHRAE preferred.|
|Experience :||2 years’ experience in similar position |
|OTHER SKILLS: |
Technical: Manual dexterity and mobility. Knowledge of ASHRAE standards.
Administrative Skills: Attention to Detail, Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel)
Soft Skills:Fair Communication and Inter-personal skills.
Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
| PHYSICAL & WORKING CONDITIONS|
Works in a hospital environment with exposure to various hospital components and hazardous elements. Frequent prolonged standing/walking. May involve heavy physical effort Pulls, pushes, moves/lifts equivalent & supplies (lifts/carries up to 50 lbs.) with considerate reaching, stooping, bending and kneeling.