|JOB SUMMARY |
The Pharmacist- Pharmacy provides prescribed medications, drugs and other pharmaceuticals as needed for adequate patient care according to professional standards and practices. Ensures that patient’s pharmaceutical needs are effectively met in accordance with Ministry of Health regulations and Pharmacy Policy & Guidelines.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Interprets, fills, and dispenses prescriptions in accordance with the written directions of attending physicians
- Compounds, bottles or packages, and labels medications and pharmaceuticals
- Advises patients and family on use of various medications including dosage, composition, proper medication storage, side effects and drug interactions
- Advises customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies
- Offers health promotion and prevention activities; for example, trains people to use devices such as blood pressure or diabetes monitors
- Collaborates with other medical professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and characteristics
- Checks stock on a regular basis to identify and reorder outdated stock and ensure that stock is maintained in accordance with manufacturer requirements
- Ensures secure storage of narcotics and other controlled substances on a regular basis
- Ensures accurate maintenance of patient records, files and other pharmacy records.
- Assists in preparation of required reports by compiling information
- Follows established departmental policies & procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Participates in meetings as required
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Actively participates in the organization’s activities designed to attain accreditation by the Joint Commission International (JCI) and other appropriate accreditation agencies
- Performs all other additional assignments as requested by the Pharmacy Manager and/or Director of Medical Affairs
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Heads of Departments
- Visiting & NMH Doctors/Physicians
- Nursing/Reception Staff
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Patients and their Relatives & Friends
- Business Representatives / Professional Agencies
- General Public
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education :||Bachelors’ Degree in Pharmacy |
Licensing:Valid License from Ministry of Health to practice as a Pharmacist
|Experience :|| 3 years’ experience as a Pharmacist |
|OTHER SKILLS: |
Technical: Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of professional pharmacy work. Knowledge of hospital rules, regulations, and practices towards compounding and dispensing of drugs and prescriptions. Ability to compound a wide variety of drugs and pharmaceutical supplies
Administrative Skills: Detail Oriented; Analytical, Decision Making, Problem Solving and good Customer Relations skills.
Soft Skills:Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet
Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
| PHYSICAL & WORKING CONDITIONS|
Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility, while also exposed to infections and close contact with the patients. May have to work long hours and be available on call to deal with medical exigencies. Occasionally involves prolonged standing/walking, lifting supplies/equipments.