|JOB SUMMARY |
The Technician- Radiology uses X-Ray generating equipment’s to perform radiographic examinations on patients to aid the physicians in diagnosing patient injury or illness. Performs tasks such as: capturing the image, obtaining the best quality image, and ensuring patients comfort and safety.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Maintains established department policies, objectives, procedures, quality assurance and safety standards.
- Performs radiographic examination in high quality. Sets up the equipment to obtain the best density, detail, and contrast of the area being imaged.
- Closely follows physician instructions and obtains optimal images to facilitate correct diagnosis.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Explains the procedure involved to the patient and ensures that they are comfortable and at ease during the procedure; reduces anxieties, provides explanations of treatment and answers questions
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; develops radiographs, observes radiographic results and makes necessary adjustments.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques; uses beam restrictive devices, patient shielding and takes preventative steps to avoid unnecessary contact with exposure factors.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; follows manufacturer's instructions, troubleshoots malfunctions, calls for repairs, maintains equipment inventories and evaluates new equipment & techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory; checks stock to determine inventory level, anticipates needed supplies, places and expedites orders for supplies and verifies receipt of supplies.
- Performs preventive maintenance on a regular scheduled basis and reports major malfunctions to the facility department. Follow ups for repair requests as needed.
- Prepares written documentation as required such as evaluation results, individualized treatment plans, progress reports and other such reports when requested by the physician.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, meetings etc.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Performs other related assignments as requested by the Clinical Director - Radiology.
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Visiting & NMH Doctors/Physicians
- Nursing/Reception Staff
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Patients and their Relatives & Friends
- Business Representatives / Professional Agencies
- General Public
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education :||Associate’s degree and/or accredited program in radiological technology |
Licensing:Valid License from Ministry of Health-Kuwait to practice as Radiology Technician
|Experience :||(preferred to be located in Kuwait) with experience not less than 4 years. |
|OTHER SKILLS: |
Administrative Skills: Problem Solving, Decision Making , Counselling and Critical Thinking skills; Attention to detail and a Team Player
Soft Skills:Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet
Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
| PHYSICAL & WORKING CONDITIONS|
Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility, while also exposed to infections and close contact with the patients. May have to work long hours and be available on call to deal with medical exigencies. Occasionally involves prolonged standing/walking, lifting supplies/equipments.