|JOB SUMMARY |
The Specialist–IVF Center conducts investigation and treatment of infertile couples, and ensures the highest standard of patient care through effective and professional teamwork. Delivers services in compliance with Ministry of Health regulations, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations and IVF & RM Center Policies & Guidelines.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Undertakes work in accordance with the Hospital’s procedures & operating policies; works in consultation with Consultants and within agreed quality frameworks.
- Interviews and conducts general investigation for infertile couples.
- Identifies the complex problems /factors involved in infertility and appropriate methods of treatment (such as fertility drugs, infertility surgery, assisted reproductive therapy), in order to increase the patients’ chances of conceiving.
- Treats patients for several disorders, including hormonal imbalance, recurrent miscarriage and menopause.
- Helps patients understand the various factors that influence fertility.
- Aims to ensure that all patients have the highest chance of achieving a successful outcome through thorough case analysis and decision making based on agreed protocols
- Recommends treatment options that can help improve the chances of conceiving a child and provides Pre-conception advice
- Conducts procedures which enhances In-vitro embryo development and implantation and deals with male infertility problem.
- Conducts Ovulation induction, diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic surgery, diagnostic Laparoscopy, and Surgical correction for genital tract abnormalities
- Conducts frequent follow ups for high risk pregnancy.
- Makes day to day clinical decisions, in accordance with established protocols.
- Ensures completion of appropriate forms for specific investigations/treatment and necessary documentation.
- Participates in assessment, implementation and evaluation of patient care needs.
- Considers the patient’s safety as the first priority while working.
- Includes the patients in discussions concerning appropriate diagnostic and management procedures.
- Ensures consistent medical treatment of patients by working in accordance with agreed protocols and achieve medical continuity of care for IVF Patients
- Maintains a work environment that promotes high standards for patient care and ethical behavior.
Compliance with Medical Ethics
- Provides honest communication about chances and limitations, and constant feedback to patients and colleagues.
- Ensures implementation of the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of IVF & RM.
- Exhibits appropriate personal and interpersonal professional behavior; practices medicine ethically.
- Respects the opinions of fellow Specialists and referring Physicians in the management of patient problems.
- Recognizes limits of personal skills and knowledge by appropriately consulting other Consultants/Specialists while caring for the patient.
- Shows a pattern of maintaining current personal clinical skills and knowledge by continuing medical education.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement programs for IVF and RM Center services.
- Attends the meetings of the IVF & RM Center to discuss the rules & regulations, obstacles in work, incidents & complications encountered and suggestions to improve the quality of service
- Participates in organizational performance improvement activities.
- Accepts all other additional assignments found necessary by the Clinical Director- IVF Center.
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Visiting & NMH Doctors/Physicians
- Heads of Departments
- Nursing/Reception Staff
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Patients and their Relatives & Friends
- Business Representatives / Professional Agencies
- General Public
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education :||Bachelors’ Degree in Medicine with specialized training. Membership/ Fellowship (preferably of the Royal College) and/or MD Degree. Training in Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred.|
Licensing: Valid License from Ministry of Health- Kuwait to practice as an Ob/Gyn. & IVF Specialist.
|Experience :||8 years’ experience with minimum 3 years’ experience post Fellowship/Membership or MD Degree in relevant specialty. |
|OTHER SKILLS: |
Technical: Demonstrate awareness of different pharmaceutical products used in fertility treatments.
Soft Skills:Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet
Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
| PHYSICAL & WORKING CONDITIONS|
Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility, while also exposed to infections and close contact with the patients. May have to work long hours and be available on call to deal with medical exigencies. Occasionally involves prolonged standing/walking, lifting supplies/equipments.