The Beauty Technician performs a variety of clinical and administrative tasks to support the Dermatology team. He/ She captures medical history, measures vital signs, prepares patients for check- up and helps doctors during examination/ treatments; performs and assists in procedures such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion and therapeutic facials under the supervision of the Dermatologist.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES|
| Operational Duties|
- Prepares examination/treatment rooms for Dermatologists’ use; ensures availability and maintenance of appropriate supplies, equipment, and instruments.
- Maintains examination/treatment rooms in neat and orderly manner. Sterilizes equipment and supplies, using disinfectants or autoclave, as required, as per established procedures.
- Assists as needed and/or instructs patient in preparation for physician’s examination or specific treatment.
- Assists physicians with examination by anticipating needs for instruments and supplies
- Performs routine and special procedures within skill level/certification per physician’s order i.e., Facial rejuvenation, Laser hair removal, etc.
- Cooperates in all medical procedures with the Dermatologist; facial / skin cleansing, skin massage and rejuvenation procedures; skin resurfacing and dermabrasion by other relative machines.
- Notifies the concerned Biomedical Department regarding maintenance of machines/equipment and work place, when required.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information
- Greets all patients equally in a professional manner, exhibits friendliness, concern and courtesy.
- Reacts in a positive manner to patient concerns; remains calm and displays empathy.
- Answers phone promptly and addresses to patient’s needs.
- Performs relative administrative tasks; updates records, answers calls, schedules appointments etc.
- Operates computer, fax machine, telephone system, and copier efficiently and performs numerous other clerical and technical duties, in accordance with current procedures.
- Other procedures as instructed by the Clinical Director- Dermatology.
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
Diploma in Skin Care & Cosmetology, Graduate preferred with relevant Certificate for completion of associate's degree program in Medical Assisting (programs with International Cosmetic companies).
|Experience :||Not Less than 5 years’ experience preferable in hospitals or institutions with an academic approach to cosmetic medicine|
|Licensing:||Valid License from Ministry of Health to work as a Dermatology Technician.|
|Technical skills: ||Demonstrate knowledge of Facial rejuvenation and Laser hair removal |
|Administrative Skills: ||Prioritization skills, Patience, Dexterity and a Team Player |
|Soft Skills :|| |
Good Communication and Inter-Personal skills
|Language Skills:||Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage|
|Computer Skills: ||MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet|
| || |
| WORKING CONDITIONS |
- Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility, while also exposed to infections and close contact with the patients.