|JOB SUMMARY |
The Pharmacy Cashier performs cashiering transactions in the collection of accounts and related duties in accordance with Hospital Rules & Regulations and Policies & Procedures.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Checks the quantities and expired dates of all received pharmaceutical items from agents companies or pharmacy stores including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Unpacks & correctly labels all received pharmaceutical items and shelving on its specified space following FIFO rule ,i.e. First In-First Out
- Ensures safe transportation of medication stocks between pharmacy settings and hospital wards and units as and when required
- Informs Pharmacy Inventory Clerk on shortages/new stocks required
- Reports occurred or near miss incidents related to medications storing conditions or Medications package conditions to Pharmacy Inventory Clerk.
- Restocks medications in storage areas, replenishes items on shelves
- Maintains and cleans equipment, work areas and shelves in the pharmacy
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety standards
- Participates in meetings as required
- Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings and workshops as directed
- Performs all other additional assignments as requested by the Pharmacy Manager.
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Visiting & NMH Doctors/Physicians
- NMH employees
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Patients and their Relatives & Friends
- General Public
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education :||High School or equivalent|
|Experience :|| Preferably 2 years’ experience in a similar role |
|OTHER SKILLS: || Technical: Good numerical abilities. Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology Administrative Skills: Detail Oriented and good Customer Relations skills. Soft Skills: Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills. Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Hospital MIS Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage. |
| Works in the hospital pharmacy which operates 24x7, dealing with customers at the counter. May have to work long hours and in shifts. Prolonged standing at the counter/walking. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel and lift light supplies/equipment. |