|JOB SUMMARY |
The Pharmacy Cashier performs cashiering transactions in the collection of accounts and related duties in accordance with Hospital Rules & Regulations and Policies & Procedures.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Greets customers and helps them to locate merchandise
- Answers telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Attends all Patients who visit the pharmacy for issuing related receipts.
- Double checks all medications versus patient’s prescription before proceeding to issue the receipt.
- Issues receipt for the sales and receives payment via cash / K net / Visa card.
- Processes medical insurance claims, posts bill amounts and calculates co-payments
- Raises a credit invoice for credit and insured patients.
- Ensures that all medications are correctly packed before handing it over to the patients
- Reconciles daily cash and verifies account balances
- Posts and prepares receipts for deposit.
- Prepares patient refunds and contracted write-offs.
- For In-patient pharmacy setting :
- Checks all prepared medications against the submitted medication requests.
- Enters the requested medications quantities on the patient’s computer system account.
- Ensures that all medications are correctly packed and labeled with the patient ID
- Performs clerical tasks such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records; Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Reports ‘occurred’ and ‘near miss workflow’ related incidents to Senior Cashier /Pharmacy Manager.
- Follows established departmental policies & procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety standards
- Participates in meetings as required.
- Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings and workshops
- Performs all other additional assignments as requested by the Pharmacy Manager.
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Visiting & NMH Doctors/Physicians
- NMH employees
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Patients and their Relatives & Friends
- General Public
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education :||High School or equivalent|
|Experience :|| Preferably 2 years’ experience in a similar role |
|OTHER SKILLS: || Technical: Good numerical abilities. Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology Administrative Skills: Detail Oriented and good Customer Relations skills. Soft Skills: Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills. Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Hospital MIS Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage. |
| Works in the hospital pharmacy which operates 24x7, dealing with customers at the counter. May have to work long hours and in shifts. Prolonged standing at the counter/walking. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel and lift light supplies/equipment. |