|JOB SUMMARY |
The Head of Department-Housekeeping manages the cleaning and support services for specified Hospital units or components; coordinates activities to assure continuity and smooth operation of the facility. Maintains usage and maintenance records and may perform clerical and/or marketing functions
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Develops/reviews comprehensive operational policies for each unit so as to conform to the objectives of the Hospital.
- Maintains sound Customer Service principles and respond to complaints and concerns of patients, visitors and staff with regard to the support services.
- Ensures sufficient delivery of services and attention to VIP patients and guests.
- Conducts orientation /training for new employees to explain policies and work procedures, assigns tasks and closely supervises them until fully trained.
- Initiates steps to improve the unit functioning. Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operations.
- Maintains interface with departmental personnel to coordinate operational activities to ensure adequate staffing, space and facilities, coordination of purchasing, maintenance and renovation activities for the operational areas.
- Ensures a safe environment of care for all staff, patients, and families
- Develops and supports unit shared governance structure. Assures staff participation in developmental activities.
- Prepares scheduled and periodic reports of facility usage and cleaning conditions. Supervisory Function
- Coordinates and directs the activities of Housekeeping services, Laundry & Linen services and Waste Management Disposal services.
- Overseas Hospital’s support service operations to ensure maintenance of infection control standards, in co-operation with Infection Control unit, in accordance with established policies and practices.
- Conducts inspection to ensure adequacy of staffs’ activities.
- Manages the support services staff through direct immediate supervisor and the unit as a whole to ensure cleanliness of the exterior and interior of the Hospital. General Duties
- Oversees events held at NMH; interacts with caterers, and/or auxiliary staff as appropriate to the specific event.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops
- Coordinates with Facility Management & Safety Committee & Infection Control Committee.
- Attends meetings as required
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Managers or Heads of Departments
- Plants & Facility and Nursing staff
- Other NMH Employees / Physicians
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Patients and their Relatives & Friends
- Contractor Laundry Staff
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education :||: Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services/ Hotel Management or Diploma in a related discipline is desired|
|Experience :||Preferably 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Hospital Experience is an advantage |
|OTHER SKILLS: |
Technical: Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
Administrative Skills: DAbility to work in a team; Organizing, Prioritizing, Coordinating, Supervisory and Training skills
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet
soft Skills: Good communication and Inter-personal skills
Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
|Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility Occasionally subjected to long and irregular hours due to departmental requirements. Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking and moving. Requires the ability to deal with a diverse population, including staff, patients etc |