|JOB SUMMARY |
The Nursing Assistant in In-Patient Unit provides basic nursing care to patients, under direct supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Assists in all clerical activities as required by RN.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Maintains established departmental policies & procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Assists the nurse in performing basic procedures including thermal applications, non-sterile soaks, perineal care, urine tests and application of simple dressings as directed.
- Provides personal care assistance to patients including bed pans, bathing, dressing, feeding patients requiring help and transporting patients.
- Assists patients with ambulation.
- Makes patient’s bed and helps to maintain patient care areas in a neat and orderly manner.
- Accompany/transports patients to other department as required by patient’s treatment plan.
- Takes specimen to laboratory in times of urgency.
- Maintains patient records and charts to ensure an accurate record of the patient’s medical treatment.
- Maintains unit stock according to established par level.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit care data.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort and privacy.
- Answers calls , takes telephone messages and gives routine information in accordance with established procedures.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational and in-services programs deemed necessary for ascribed duties.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.