|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Maintains Hospital policies, procedures and codes of professional conduct.
- Ensures patient’s care is safely performed as per Nursing practice standards.
- Refers to customized documented care plan and executes care accordingly.
- Provides patient care in a number of areas, including hygiene and physical needs, such as
• Newborn Care:
> Changing diapers etc.
• Geriatric bedridden / Paralyzed, Handicapped Patients Care:
> Sponge bathing
> Gastric tube feeding in Elderly patients.
> Oral medication intake schedule.
> General personal hygiene for bedridden and handicapped patients.
- Monitors the medical condition of the patient and administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the patient’s physician.
- Observes any changes in behavior or health of the patient and reports the status of their patient’s progress to Physicians and family members.
- Provides social support and companionship to their patients, who may be completely house-bound and not receive many visitors.
- Measures vital signs such as temperature, respiration and blood pressure.