|JOB SUMMARY |
The Registrar – Ob/Gyn. prevents, diagnosis, and treats ailments specific to the female anatomy with focus on pregnancy-related health, the female reproductive system, and women's general medical care. Delivers patient care activities in accordance with Ministry of Health regulations, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations and Ob/Gyn. Department Policies & Guidelines.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Treats and diagnoses ailments specific to the female reproductive organs
- Examines patients, performs and interprets diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition and determines diagnosis.
- Counsels patients on diet, hygiene, and preventive health care.
- Examines patients and determines x-ray examinations and clinical laboratory tests as required.
- Detects the presence of multiple births or birth defects through ultrasound.
- Conducts regular ward rounds independently and assists treating physicians during ward rounds.
- Assists in gynecological operations when required.
- Assists and attends deliveries either naturally or by cesarean section and ensures that the baby and mother are healthy. However, if it is required to deliver cases, he/she needs to take prior approval and perform the same under the supervision of the treating Consultant.
- Attends and assists normal and complicated deliveries; attends casualty cases, provides emergency treatment and performs the necessary admission procedures with the Clinical Director’s approval.
- Completes discharge files and statistics.
- Writes medical reports in consultation with the treating Consultant.
- Explains procedures and discusses test results or prescribed treatments with patients and families.
- Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Considers the patient’s safety as the first priority while working.
- Includes the patients in discussions concerning appropriate diagnostic and management procedures.
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care needs.
- Maintains a work environment that promotes high standards for patient care and ethical behavior.
Compliance with Medical Ethics
- Ensure implementation of the Ministry of Health regulations, the Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and the Ob/Gyn. Department Policy and Guidelines.
- Ensures implementation of the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of gynecology.
- Exhibits appropriate personal and interpersonal professional behavior; practices medicine ethically.
- Respects the opinions of department Consultants/Specialist and referring Physicians in the management of patient problems.
- Recognizes limits of personal skills and knowledge by appropriately consulting Specialists/ Consultants while caring for the patient.
- Shows a pattern of maintaining current personal clinical skills and knowledge by continuing medical education.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement programs for Ob/Gyn. service
- Attends the meetings of the Ob/Gyn. department to discuss the rules & regulations, obstacles in work, incidents & complications encountered and suggestions to improve the quality of service.
- Participates regularly with other Ob/Gyn. staff, in decision-making related to patient care.
- Participates in organizational performance improvement activities.
- Accepts all other additional assignments found necessary by the Clinical Director- Ob/Gyn.
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Visiting & NMH Doctors/Physicians
- Heads of Departments/Centers
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Patients and their Relatives & Friends
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education :||: Bachelors’ Degree in Medicine followed by Masters’ Degree in relevant specialty.Training in Ultrasound, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred |
Licensing: Valid License from Ministry of Health-Kuwait to practice as an Ob/Gyn. Registrar
|Experience :||5 years’ experience with minimum 1.5 years’ experience post Masters’ Degree. |
|OTHER SKILLS: |
Administrative Skills: Problem Solving, Decision Making , Counselling and Critical Thinking skills; Attention to detail and a Team Player
Soft Skills:Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet
Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
| PHYSICAL & WORKING CONDITIONS|
Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility, while also exposed to infections and close contact with the patients. May have to work long hours and be available on call to deal with medical exigencies. Occasionally involves prolonged standing/walking, lifting supplies/equipments.