|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Examines internal structures and functions of organ systems; makes diagnoses after correlation of x-ray findings with other examinations and tests.
- Analyzes studies of Imaging Services, makes diagnoses and consults with physicians.
- Provides interpretations of all tests performed by Imaging Services within a time frame established by the medical staff and the Hospital Administrator.
- Makes recommendations for new or improvements to the equipment being used in Imaging Services.
- Conducts continuing education meetings and ensures department personnel participation in continuing education programs.
- Provides instructions as required to the various departments in the form of a continuing education program.
- Contributes in development and/or approval of all policies and procedures for Imaging Services.
- Plans, assesses and evaluates patient care needs.
- Maintains a work environment that promotes high standards for patient care and ethical behavior.
- Participates regularly with other department staff, in decision-making related to patient care
Compliance with Medical Ethics
- Ensures implementation of the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of Radiology.
- Exhibits appropriate personal and interpersonal professional behavior
- Respects the opinions of fellow Consultants and referring Physicians in the management of patient problems; provides means whereby differences in opinion can be discussed and resolved.
- Recognizes limits of personal skills and knowledge by appropriately consulting other Physicians, when necessary
- Shows a pattern of maintaining current personal clinical skills and knowledge by continuing medical education.
- Participates and assists in establishing educational programs conducted by the Hospital.
- Contributes in development and/or approval of all policies & procedures for Imaging Services.
- Contributes in verification of the qualification and capabilities of all radiological technical personnel as required by the Clinical Director
- Participates in regularly scheduled meeting for the improvement of patient care services and delivery
- Actively participates in Hospital meetings and activities whenever required. Performs other related assignments as requested by the Clinical Director - Radiology.