|JOB SUMMARY |
The MRI Technician works in Imaging Services and performs diagnostic imaging examinations to facilitate Physicians to identify any abnormalities and make diagnosis of illness /injury suffered by the patients. Operates Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machine to take detailed pictures of affected structures and tissues inside the human body.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Maintains established department policies, objectives, procedures, quality assurance and safety standards.
- Performs MRI in high quality. Programs the machine to the proper voltage, current and desired exposure time as dictated by the physician
- Explains the MRI procedure involved to the patient and ensures that they are comfortable and at ease during the procedure; reduces anxieties and answers questions
- Checks the patient for metals and confirms that he/she has no pacemakers or surgical clips before entering the machine room
- Prepares the patient for injection in case of need for the contrast material
- Positions and immobilizes patient on exam table and observes the scan under direction of physician.
- Provides clear instructions for the patient behaviour during the study period.
- Ensures proper selection, handling and connection of the surface coil for the appropriate study. Disconnects and repositions the surface coil at the end of the study
- Closely follows physician instructions and obtains optimal images to facilitate correct diagnosis. Monitors video display of area being scanned and adjusts density or contrast to improve picture quality.
- Monitors the patient’s condition before and after the scan to ensure patient safety and comfort
- Reviews and evaluates computer generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Maintains patient log, equipment service manual, delivery schedule and all related statistics.
- Conducts daily machine care (monitoring of hilum level, machine room temperature, oxygen pressure, UBS and proper turning on and off).
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, meetings etc.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Performs other related assignments as requested by the Clinical Director - Radiology.
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Visiting & NMH Doctors/Physicians
- Nursing/Reception Staff
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Patients and their Relatives & Friends
- Business Representatives / Professional Agencies
- General Public
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education :||Associate’s degree and/or accredited program in radiological technology |
Licensing:Valid License from Ministry of Health-Kuwait to practice as MRI Technician
|Experience :|| 2 years’ clinical experience in MRI work |
|OTHER SKILLS: |
Administrative Skills: Problem Solving, Decision Making , Counselling and Critical Thinking skills; Attention to detail and a Team Player
Soft Skills:Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet
Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
| PHYSICAL & WORKING CONDITIONS|
Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility, while also exposed to infections and close contact with the patients. May have to work long hours and be available on call to deal with medical exigencies. Occasionally involves prolonged standing/walking, lifting supplies/equipments.