|JOB SUMMARY |
The Registrar- Dermatology coordinates, administers and performs patient care activities in accordance with Ministry of Health regulations, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations and Dermatology department Policies & Guidelines. Conducts patient assessment, treatment, and integration with pathology. Manages respective secondary care referrals in line with best practice in coordination with the Department Consultant.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Participates in assessment, implementation and evaluation of patient care needs.
- Undertakes work in accordance with the Hospital’s procedures and operating policies; works within agreed quality frameworks.
- Conducts complete skin examinations and delivers treatment for skin diseases; Pediatric dermatologic problems and Venereal diseases.
- Prescribes hormonal agents or topical treatments such as spironolactone, antiandrogens, oral corticosteroids, retinoids, benzoyl peroxide, and antibiotics.
- Provides dermabrasion or laser abrasion to treat atrophic scars, elevated scars, or other skin conditions.
- Provides therapies such as intralesional steroids and chemical peels to treat age spots, sun damage, rough skin, discolored skin, or oily skin.
- Assists in formulating plans & procedures for complex treatment procedures.
- Participates in organizational performance improvement activities.
- Recommends diagnostic tests based on patients' histories and physical examination findings. Patient Care
- Maintains a work environment that promotes high standards for patient care, customer service, and ethical behavior.
- Monitors patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary
- Guides patients on topics such as food diet, sun protection, skin cancer awareness etc.
- Undertakes all work in accordance with the procedures and operating policies, including Infection Control, Health and Safety, Risk Management etc.
Compliance with Medical Ethics
- Ensures implementation of the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of Dermatology.
- Exhibits appropriate personal and interpersonal professional behavior; practices medicine ethically.
- Recognizes limits of personal skills and knowledge by appropriately consulting other Consultants/ Specialists while caring for the patient.
- Shows a pattern of maintaining current personal clinical skills and knowledge by Continuing Medical Education (CME).
- Remains up to date in developments relevant to best practice in Dermatology.
- Participates in accredited conferences and meetings to update personal level of clinical practice, teaching and management skills in line with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements.
- Attends scheduled meetings for the improvement of patient care services and delivery.
- Accepts all other additional assignments found necessary by the Clinical Director- Dermatology.
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education : ||Bachelors' Degree followed by the appropriate specialty qualification, Masters in relevant specialty. |
|Licensing : ||Valid License from Ministry of Health- Kuwait to practice as Dermatology Registrar |
|Experience : ||5 years' experience with minimum 3 years' experience post Masters in Dermatology |
|Other Skills |
|Administrative Skills : || |
Cognitive, Prioritization and Problem Solving skills; Attention to detail and a Team Player
|Soft Skills : || |
Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills
|Computer Skills : ||MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet |
|Language Skills: ||Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is preferred.. |
| || |
| WORKING CONDITIONS |
- Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility, while also exposed to infections and close contact with the patients.
- Occasionally involves prolonged standing/walking, lifting supplies/equipment.