|JOB SUMMARY |
The Registrar - Radiology works in Imaging Services and devotes his/her best ability to its proper management and patient service. Delivers on-call coverage of 24 hours a day 7 days per week and all services required by Imaging services in the normal scope of its operations.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Works under supervision of Consultants and Specialists working in the Department
- Prepares written documentation as required and ensures delivery of quality services in area of operations.
- Establishes and maintains communication within the Department and with other Hospital departments. Develops relationships with professional affiliations and others as is appropriate.
- Participates in new testing procedures and related protocol. Introduces and demonstrates new approved techniques, and usage of equipment, when required.
- Interprets the radiographic images, performs contrast studies and prepares reports on the patients subjected to radiology procedures.
- Provides interpretations of all tests performed by Imaging Services within a time frame established by the medical staff and the Hospital Administrator under supervision of attendant Consultant /Specialist.
- Plans, assesses and evaluates patient care needs.
- Maintains a work environment that promotes high standards for patient care and ethical behavior.
- Participates regularly with other department staff, in decision-making related to patient care Compliance with Medical Ethics
- Ensures implementation of the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of Radiology.
- Exhibits appropriate personal and interpersonal professional behavior
- Recognizes limits of personal skills and knowledge by appropriately consulting other Physicians, when necessary
- Shows a pattern of maintaining current personal clinical skills and knowledge by continuing medical education.
- Participates and assists in establishing educational programs conducted by the Hospital.
- Participates in quality assurance program.
- Maintains established departmental policies &procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings and workshops.
- Actively participates in Hospital meetings and activities whenever required.
- Performs other related assignments as requested by the Clinical Director - Radiology.
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education : ||Bachelors' Degree in Medicine followed by specialized training in Radiology. Diploma in Diagnostic Radiology is desirable |
|Licensing: ||Valid License from Ministry of Health-Kuwait |
|Experience : ||5 years' experience post Bachelors' Degree as Radiological Physician |
|Other Skills |
|Administrative Skills : ||Problem Solving, Decision Making , Counselling and Critical Thinking skills; Attention to detail and a Team Player |
|Soft Skills : ||Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills |
|Computer Skills : ||:MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet and Hospital MIS |
|Language Skills: ||Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage |
| || |
| WORKING CONDITIONS |
- Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility, while also subjected to electrical and radiant energy hazards
- Subject to unpredictable or crisis situations
- May have to work long hours, in shifts and be available on-call to deal with medical emergencies.
- Occasionally involves prolonged standing/walking, lifting supplies/equipment