|JOB SUMMARY |
Provides physical therapy service to patients through a range of therapeutic actions and activities. Applies the plan of physical treatment program prescribed by the physical medicine physician for each individual patient according to rehabilitation treatment protocols and departmental policies and procedures.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
| Operational Duties |
- Applies plan of physical treatment program prescribed by Physical Medicine physician for each patient including; electrotherapy, hydrotherapy, magnotherapy, thermal therapy, manual therapy, therapeutic kinesiology, etc.
- Assists the patients with their individual cognitive, perceptual and physical programs
- Applies prognostic function ability tests such as muscle, joints, pain scale, strength, flexibility, mobility, balance, coordination, breathing and other motor skills etc.
- Directs and aids patients in active and passive exercises, muscle reeducation and functional training using pulleys, weights, steps and inclined surfaces, whirlpool and contrast bath
- Follows the medical precautions for each individual patient as instructed by the Physical Medicine physician
- Maintains patient's progress notes, evaluates records and reports on patient's progress for review
- Advises patients concerning therapeutic procedures to be continued on their own, teaching and demonstrating safe manual handling techniques and use of equipment
- Manages and operates equipment safely and carefully while complying with policies & procedures regarding Department operations, fire, safety, and infection control.
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care needs
- Consults with and refers patients to the Physical Medicine physician if additional medical treatment is determined necessary
- Manages files, patient charts and all required medical and Hospital records as needed
- Participates in bimonthly CME department meetings and other in-service training programs
- Attends weekly departmental meeting for the improvement of patient care services and delivery.
- Performs all other additional assignments as requested by the Clinical Director
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education : ||Bachelors' Degree in Physiotherapy |
|Licensing : ||Valid License from Ministry of Health-Kuwait to practice as a Physiotherapist |
|Experience : ||3 years' experience in Physiotherapy with preferably 2 years in a multi-specialty secondary /tertiary care hospital |
|Other Skills |
|Technical Skills : ||Proficiency in handling orthotic, therapeutic, assistive or adaptive equipment and techniques. Knowledge of quality control methods and statistics. |
|Administrative Skills : ||Organizing, Prioritizing, Negotiation and Teaching skills; Attention to detail and a Team Player |
|Soft Skills : || |
Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills.
|Computer Skills : ||MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet and Hospital MIS |
|Language Skills: ||Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage |
| || |
| WORKING CONDITIONS |
- Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility, while also exposed to infections and patient elements.
- Substantial walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, twisting and bending. Requires lifting medium to heavy weights.
- May experience work pressure due to departmental exigencies.